viernes, 20 de noviembre de 2015

Diary entry "Arrange marriage"


Dear diary,
                 I want to leave my country because of the traditions here, sometimes I think I am not from India, because I don't feel like one, I am not agree with the traditions. I am from Bombay and I am 19 years old, my parents wants to arrange my marriage, but the problem is that I don't love her.

Her name is Bamela, she is a nice person, but is not that kind of woman I would get married. She come from a very rich family, but she don't know to do anything, she is accustomed that other people do things for her and I can't give her the same life as she have now, she will have to do homework like cook, clean the house and what will happen if we have a baby? 

My father told me that it is necessary to get marry her, because it is a strategy for business (Bamela's father is client of my father), so I don't want to be part of the strategy, I want to control my own life,make my own decisions.184 In the future my plan is to leave India and go to America, for a better life, as I said I don't feel like an Indian

If I don't get married Bamela my father will disown me, because I don follow the traditions, even if I don't want to get married I will have to do it, my family is the only thing I have, and if I don't follow the traditions my family will pass to be excluded by all the families here in Bombay and I don't want that, so I will have to get marry Bamela, I like it or not.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario